Sunday, April 11, 2010

ECP channels "Acopolypse Now"

As Mark Twain said, "never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel", but I'll never learn I guess. I am archiving these articles at donhodges.blogspot.com ; in a year or so we'll get back together to review the outcome. As I have said from the beginning, I will be happy to be proven wrong (already wrong once when JOE actually put some money in the pot for Southwest - that's ordinarily against their religion).

Caz, you need to read the DEP Consent Orders keeping in mind that the last thing DEP wants is to impede this project. To incur $2.5Million in fines from this captive agency takes some egregious violations. Just for starters I'll bet you a cold one you can't find a station that recorded 20 inches of rain in April 2009. This was not a failure of methods - there were NO methods in place until DEP was embarrassed into doing PART of their job. Nevertheless, when time got short DEP relaxed the limits to allow draining the quivering ponds. How can they do this? - By inviting a professional engineer to certify the quivering ponds were life-threatening! (I'm not making this up). And of course they found an engineer to certify that for a fee.


It's like "Acopolypse Now":

Col. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Capt. Willard: I don't see any methods, sir.

in reference to: Airport shifts from dream to reality - CAZ - The News Herald (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment